Maurice "Big Mo" Huffman of paradise is organizing a benefit concert for Saturday, September 15th at the Paradise Performing Arts Center to raise money for local fire prevention efforts, and to help victims of recent North State wildfires.
Huffman's band "Big Mo and the Full Moon Band" will be headlining, along with the "Southside Growlers" and "Volker Strifler".
The event is billed as a "Fire Prevention Festival" as it will also feature food trucks, a Cal Fire fire engine and firefighters on hand, along with the Butte and Paradise Ridge Fire Safe Councils. Huffman said, "We all need to take action, it's up to us to make a difference during this time of tragedy and for future fire prevention." His son Miles is helping to organize the event.
Every cent that is raised will go to the Fire Safe Councils to help in their prevention and awareness efforts, and to help fire victims in need.
Huffman is hoping this becomes an annual event. Volunteers and sponsors are still needed, but mostly people need to buy tickets to make it a success.
Tickets are $45 and can be purchased through Eventbrite.com or at Swiss Link Military Surplus located at 5365 Clark Road in Paradise.
For more information you can call Huffman at (530) 680-6936.
- Wildfire Benefit Concert in Paradise September 15th
- Concert to Benefit Made in Paradise
- Paradise Native Organizes Benefit Concert for Camp Fire Victims
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- Rockin' Americana Concert to Benefit KZFR
- El Rey Hosting Camp Fire Benefit Concert
- Khalid announces benefit concert for El Paso
- December 15th Weather
- Paradise holds wildfire insurance meeting
- Paradise Performing Arts Center concert series