TRINITY COUNTY, Calif. - At approximately 2 a.m., Wednesday, the Trinity County Sheriff’s Dispatch received a 9-1-1 call stating someone had been shot at a residence in Hayfork.
Trinity County Life Support and Sheriff’s Office Deputies and Detectives responded to the scene.
Emergency personnel arrived at the residence and found the victim 49-year-old Billy Vang, deceased. The initial on-scene investigation and witness statements led to the arrest of the victim’s wife 49-year-old Kay Chue Vang, for suspicion of homicide.
She was transported and booked into the Trinity County Jail.
The California Department of Justice Crime Scene Investigation Team was requested and responded to assist in the collection of evidence at the scene.
Action News Now is working to learn more information at this time.
- Wife arrested in deadly shooting of husband in Trinity County
- Authorities searching for Trinity County shooting suspect
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- One Dead After Trinity County Fight
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County
- Vegetation fire threatening structure in Trinity County
- Police arrest man after deadly hotel shooting