BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Many viewers have called in and asked why waste management is not picking up items in areas affected by the Camp Fire.
Action News Now spoke with Kendra Kostelecky, a public information officer for Waste Management, who said that bulk pickups are running on schedule for areas of Magalia and Chico.
Butte County Waste Management does not service areas of Paradise.
Kostelecky also said that they are not authorized to pick up hazardous materials, so residents in these areas should not place burned materials or ash in trash containers.
For more information please visit the Butte County Waste Management website HERE.
- Waste Management Pickups on Regular Schedule for Some Areas Affected by Camp Fire
- Waste Management Workers Save Elderly Camp Fire Evacuee
- Camp Fire: Aerial Map of Areas Affected
- Hundreds Work Through Thanksgiving on Areas Affected by Camp Fire
- Toxic Debris Removal Begins in Areas Affected by Camp Fire
- Tree Surveying to Begin in Areas Affected by Camp Fire
- Dangerous Weather Around Fire-Affected Areas
- PG&E Base Camp Aids Workers Restoring Power to Camp Fire Affected Areas
- Redding man arrested after threatening a waste management employee
- Toy Drive Set up For Kids Affected by Camp Fire