CALIFORNIA - CHP said A maximum enforcement period starts tonight, Aug. 30 at 6 p.m. and will end at midnight, Monday, Sept. 2.
The CHP said Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest on the highways, which makes impaired driving even more dangerous. If you plan on being on the roads this weekend, make sure to drive with caution.
To find information about current highway conditions, CLICK HERE
Caltrans said Aramayo Way West of Los Molinos will be closed for the weekend because Union Pacific railroad will be doing maintenance work at the railroad crossing there. Detour signs with alternate routes will be available.
Caltrans said the work should be finished by the end of the day Monday, Sept. 2.
In Siskiyou County, roadwork delays are also expected for the I-5 Dunsmuir grade project in Siskiyou County. Highway 299 between Helena and Big Bar, and on I-5 in the Ashland Area.
GAS: AAA said the national gas price average for Labor Day is on track to be the cheapest it has been in 3 years.
To find the best gas prices, CLICK HERE
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- Rain Expected this Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend DUI Enforcement by Yuba City PD
- Getting cooler today, but warming up for Labor Day Weekend
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Good Labor Day weekend weather