The Redding Fire Department said the Masonic Fire was started at a known transient camp. The camp is located at the end of Masonic Avenue by Lake Boulevard. One person was injured and one building was destroyed. The fire was fully contained at 38 acres.
An ongoing arson investigation has intensified in Cottonwood. Authorities say seven suspicious fires all broke out early Sunday morning. They believe the suspect or suspects were setting roadways on fire. Just last week, a series of arsons ended with an 86-year-old woman being killed in her home. There is a reward for information.
Williams police say the van of a murder suspect on the run was found in Mexico. 21-year-old Savador Garcia Junior is suspected of killing his ex-girlfriend and mother of his child, Karen Garcia in January. Police would not confirm when they found the van, or what was inside.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of Robert Gonzales of Chico. They have served search warrants at several properties in Concow, where they say Gonzales was watching over marijuana plants.
PG&E is monitoring fire danger in Butte, Plumas and Sierra Nevada counties. The company may shut off power to areas it determines at risk.
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 15
- What you need to know: Oct. 15
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 1
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 2
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 3
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 4
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 5
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 8
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 9
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 10