1. ‘Stoll Fire’ destroys homes, 80 percent contained
The “Stoll Fire” has burned 24 buildings in Tehama County that includes four homes.
The fire is 80 percent contained at 268 acres as of Wednesday.
Cal Fire says forward spread of the fire has stopped, some evacuees have returned home.
2. ‘Creek Fire’ nearly 1,500 acres
Eleven buildings were destroyed in the “Creek Fire” in Shasta County, that includes four homes. The fire is burning in the Happy Valley area. The fire is 65 percent contained at nearly 1,500 acres. The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has lifted some evacuations.
3. Latest numbers of ‘Lane Fire’
All evacuation orders are lifted for the ‘Lane Fire’ east of Red Bluff. The fire is 60 percent contained at 3,800 acres. No buildings were destroyed.
4. Lake County fire 17 percent contained
In Lake County, the “Pawnee Fire” is 17 percent contained at 1,300 acres. Twenty-two buildings were destroyed. The fire broke out Saturday night and has forced 3,000 people from their homes.
5. Cal Fire: Fire season busier than last year
And Cal Fire says this fire season is already busier than last year. They say 200 more fires and 3,000 acres have burned than this time last year. Cal Fire says now is the time think about an evacuation plan.
- What You Need to Know: June 27
- What you need to know: June 27
- What You Need to Know: August 27
- What You Need to Know: Sept. 27
- What You Need to Know: Nov. 27
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 27
- What you need to know: Feb. 27
- What you need to know: March 27
- What you need to know: May 27
- US budget deficit rises 27% through July