1. Creek Fire update
Action News Now is trying to learn more about a firefighter injured while battling the “Creek Fire” in Shasta County, the fire is burning west of Redding and has destroyed four buildings. Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko has declared a local emergency. Cal Fire says the fire is 50 percent contained at just over 1,300 acres.
2. Lane Fire grows to 3,829 acres
In Tehama County, Cal Fire downgraded evacuations for the “Lane Fire” to warnings. It is burning off Highway 36 is Paynes Creek in Tehama County. The fire as of Tuesday morning is 45 percent contained and has burned around 3,800 acres. Cal Fire expects full containment by Friday.
3. Stoll Fire is 60 percent contained
Some residents have been allowed back into their homes. Several homes and businesses were destroyed including that of corporal Ruben Murgia of the Red Bluff Police Department.
4. State of Emergency for Lake County fire
Governor Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency for the “Pawnee Fire” burning in Lake County. The fire has grown to 10,500 acres Tuesday morning, it is only 5 percent contained. At least 22 buildings have been destroyed another 600 remain threatened.
5. Missing Oregon Hiker
An Oregon family is desperately looking for help in finding a missing hiker who set off on the Big Foot Trail in Tehama County more than a week ago. The family says David Ura, 63, was dropped off by his wife and daughter at the Ides Cove trailhead in far western Tehama county on June 15. Ura set off alone with the family dog, but the plan was to meet his children in Hayfork six days later with supplies, but he didn’t show up. Friends from his hometown of Medford are organizing a search. If anyone has information into Ura’s whereabouts call the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office.
- What You Need to Know: June 26
- What you need to know: June 26
- Oroville Dam Construction Update: Sept. 26
- What You Need to Know: Sept. 26
- What You Need to Know: Oct. 26
- What You Need to Know: Nov. 26
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 26
- What you need to know: Feb. 26
- What you need to know: March 26
- What you need to know: April 26