Chico police if three armed robberies this week were connected. The latest happened Thursday night at A&M Vapes in Chico. Police say a white man in a mask held the owner at gunpoint. Similar robberies happened at East Avenue Liquore and All the Best Video over New Years.
Redding police say a drunk driver rear-ended one of their officers at a high speed on Cedars Road Thursday night. Police arrested Jason Snider for driving under the influence. The officer is expected to be OK.
Shasta County jury is now deliberating the fate of murder suspect Juan Venegas. He is accused of killed David Wicks, a gas station clerk, in Burney by setting him on fire in 2016. Investigators linked DNA evidence to Venegas las but a mistrial was declared when the jury became deadlocked. If convicted by this jury, Venegas faces life in prison.
More Camp Fire community meetings are planned in the coming weeks. Monday, local and federal agencies will hold a Debris Removal Meeting at the Calvary Chapel in Chico. That is from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. on Monday night. We will keep you posted on days and times for more upcoming meetings.
The next big winter storm set to hit this weekend and is causing concern of mudslides in burn areas of Shasta County.
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 1
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 2
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 3
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 4
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 7
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 8
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 9
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 10
- What You Need to Know: Jan. 11