Cloudy skies, light winds, and mild temperatures have settled into Northern California this morning, but some big changes are returning in your Tuesday forecast. Temperatures are starting out in the mid 30's to low 40's in the valley this morning, and are projected to climb into the high 50's to low 60's this afternoon. Mountain areas have dipped into the 20's and 30's overnight, and are projected to end up in the high 40's to low 50's. Mostly cloudy skies are ahead for the start of the day, and showers will be likely across the Northern Mountains this afternoon. Showers will then spread across the entire region tonight. Snow levels could dip to as low as 2000 feet in Northern Zones, and down to 3000 feet for the Butte County Foothills. The heaviest snow is expected above 4000 feet, and a Winter Weather Advisory will be in place in areas above 4000 feet from 8pm tonight through 1pm Wednesday. South winds will pick up tonight, so wet and windy weather is on the way for this evening.
Mountain areas will likely have showers well into tomorrow morning, while valley areas will mostly be dry by the morning commute Wednesday. Showers will taper off across the mountains by Wednesday night. Dry and chilly conditions will then settle in for the rest of your week. Valley areas will dip into the 20's to low 30's over the next several mornings and mountain areas will end up in the teens and 20's. Highs will be in the mid to high 50's for the valley, and mountain areas will end up in the high 40's to low 50's. Staying dry and cold through the weekend. Cloudy skies and cool temperatures will continue through Christmas day, but showers are looking possible on Christmas night. Mountain travel impacts are looking likely for the day after Christmas.
- Wet weather returns to Northern California today
- Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Wet & windy weather returns today
- Very wet weather ahead for Northern California
- Wet & windy conditions return today
- Dry & cooler conditions return to Northern California today
- Pleasant today, but more wet weather returns later this week
- Staying dry today, but wet weather returns this week
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Wet weather returns to the forecast