Dry and mild for the start of your Wednesday, but we're dealing with patchy fog in the valley again this morning. The biggest impacts to visibility have been reported from Oroville to the South, but patchy fog has also developed in some areas around Chico and to the North. Visibility is under a mile in areas around Marysville, and down to as low as a mile and a half for Oroville early this morning. Temperatures have dipped into the high 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the high 30's to mid 40's in the mountains. Winds are expected to stay mostly light today, but could reach 10mph out of the East this morning. Hight temperatures are projected to climb into the low to mid 60's in the valley today, and into the low to mid 50's in most mountain areas.
Showers will return to the Coastal Range early this evening before spreading into the Northern Mountains late tonight. Showers will continue to spread across the entire region by mid day Thursday. Snow levels will dip to as low as 4000' on Thursday, and could dip to as low as 2500' on Friday. Temperatures will be much cooler for the end of your work week. Showers will be an issue for both the valley and mountains on Thursday. The biggest threat of heavy precipitation will be in the form of mountain snow on Friday, but valley areas could still have some modest showers. Temperatures will end up in the low to mid 50's for the end of the week, and mountain areas will mostly be in the high 30's to mid 40's.
Looks like we may get a break from the wet weather for late Friday night through most of Saturday. Another wet system is on tap to arrive in the region on Sunday and will last through the start of next week. Showers are likely from Sunday through Tuesday from that system. Even more wet weather looks likely later next week.
- Wet & cooler weather returns late week
- Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your late week forecast
- Wet and cooler weather returns for your Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather return for your weekend
- Wet & windy weather returns today
- Wet & cooler end to your work week
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Friday
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Monday