GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Linda Watkins-Bennett sat down with Alicia Baughman to discuss the Westside Domestic Violence Shelter.
They serve Glenn County and have offices in Willows and Orland, as well as a safe house.
Victims can contact Westside Domestic Violence Shelter at 530-366-6257 and get services if they need a safe place to go. The non-profit also provides educational outreach programs to help people become aware of the criticalness of domestic violence and its impacts. Which impacts not only the victim but children, families, and the community.
The shelter is a non-profit group and they rely heavily on donations. In addition to financial donations, they also need supplies like toiletries, cleaning supplies, food, and clothing. To help with donations, call 530-366-6257.
There is also a national domestic violence hotline at 800-799-7233.
- Westside Domestic Violence Shelter shares resources
- Events and resources, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County
- Man pleads guilty to felony domestic violence
- POLICE: Redding man arrested for domestic violence
- Firefighters Share Resources to Protect Statewide
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake