Wednesday is opening day for the Mt. Shasta Ski Park.
Local skiiers have been waiting a few weeks for the official opening of Siskiyou County's popular recreation destination located on 425 acres on Mt. Shasta near McCloud. A week ago they had a few inches of new snow, to make the base, and they have been making snow ever since so they could open up the park for business.
Hours are 9 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Wednesday. You can pick up season passes for skiing, tubing and snowboarding, and can even take a scenic ride on their chair lift.
Once there is enough snow they will add twilight skiing on Fridays and Saturdays. They usually have music at the park Fridays from 5-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 4-7 p.m.
The ski season runs through mid-April.
- Wednesday is opening day for Mt. Shasta Ski Park
- Mt, Shasta Ski Park Opens Slopes
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park now open
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park open for business
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park closed until Friday
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Helps Local Economy
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park set to open Dec. 20
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Closes for Winter Season
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park closed today due to rain
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Set to Open for the Summer Season