OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville California Highway Patrol is on the scene of a major injury crash in the area of Larkin Road and Almond Avenue.
Officers say the driver of a Ford Focus hydroplaned, and landed on the flooded side of Larkin Road, in the Orchard. The driver of a Jeep tried to pull the Ford Focus out of the water, when the driver of a Hyundai sped around the corner, hydroplaned and hit the Jeep and a pedestrian at around 6:50 a.m.
It is not known at this time if the pedestrian was one of the drivers. Larkin Road is closed at this time as crews work to clear the scene. Officers say this is a major injury crash, but could not release further details.
The road was not closed by flooding, but the road is wet, and officers believe this is a weather-related crash.
This is a developing story, check back for more details.
- Weather-related multi-car crash in Oroville
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home
- Oroville haunted Car Wash
- Chico Police: Butte County Multi-Overdose Cases Not Related
- Highway 99 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- Several Oroville neighborhoods without power after car crash
- One Dead on Highway 99 near Gridley Cemetery After Multi-Car Crash
- Kids paint CHP patrol cars in Oroville
- Two Dead After Multi-Vehicle Crash on Highway 99