A public celebration of life is held in honor of legendary Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, killed tragically in a helicopter crash.
Shortly after 8 a.m., fans with tickets to the memorial began filing into the Staples Center where, organizers say, about 35,000 roses will adorn the main stage from which Bryant and daughter Gianna will be memorialized.
Fans should be in their seats by 9:45 a.m., and the two-and-a-half-hour event is slated to tip off around 10:20 a.m. The arena is scheduled to host a Los Angeles Clippers game at 7:30 p.m.
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant Tribute
- Remembering Kobe Bryant: Beyonce and Jimmy Kimmel open tributes to Lakers legend
- Kobe Bryant dies at age 41 in California
- Wreckage from Kobe Bryant helicopter crash moved to Phoenix
- He was born to play basketball, but for Kobe Bryant that was never enough
- Vanessa Bryant posts on Instagram for the first time since Kobe's death
- Public memorial service for Kobe Bryant and other helicopter victims might be weeks away, sources say
- Kobe Bryant memorial service will be held February 24 at Staples Center
- NTSB details the final moments of the helicopter before it crashed, killing Kobe Bryant and 8 others
- The helicopter that crashed killing nine people, including Kobe Bryant, dropped more than 2,000 feet a minute, NTSB says