MEXICO BEACH, Fla. - Rescue crews are sifting through piles of debris after Hurricane Michael ripped through the Florida Panhandle.
The hurricane made landfall in Mexico Beach Wednesday as a Category 4 storm.
On Thursday, entire blocks of homes were found to be completely destroyed.
Michael is one of the strongest storms to ever hit the United States. It has already claimed the lives of two people, but officials say that number could climb.
Tropical Storm Michael has continued to weaken as it moves over the Carolinas.
Forecasters expect it to gain strength once it reaches the Atlantic Ocean.
- Video: Drone Footage of Destruction Debris From Hurricane Michael
- LATEST: Scenes of Destruction in Mexico Beach from Hurricane Michael
- Michael Strengthens Into Category 3 Hurricane
- Video: Honey Run Road Destruction After Camp Fire
- Debris Removal Deadlines Approaching
- Drone footage captures a shark just off the shores of Florida
- RAW VIDEO: July 30 Footage of Carr Fire
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Interactive Map: Debris Removal Process