It's been a tough few months for the McCann family. They lost their home to the Camp Fire, and 13 year old Lucas lost his basketball team at the Paradise Parks and Recreation Center. However, the family received a special treat when an Action News Now viewer heard that Lucas lost his team she contacted the Warriors, Lucas' favorite NBA team.
Weeks later, Lucas and his family got an invitation they would never forget: a special behind the scenes front row invitation to watch the Warriors warm up Sunday. Rock star seats for a solid hour....then four tickets to watch the game. He even got to meet the cheerleaders.
Parents Rachelle and Rob say it was an amazing day that helped take their minds off their troubles, from a terrifying evacution, to losing their home, and living in a one bedroom trailer.
They say "it's nice to be able to step out of that and do something weve never done before."
- Warriors Give 13 Year Old Camp Fire Victim the VIP Treatment
- American Ninja Warrior: Ticket Sales to Benefit Camp Fire Families
- Camp Fire: Resources for Victims
- ThirdLove Gives Love to Camp Fire Evacuees
- Animals Injured in Camp Fire get Fish Skin Treatment
- American Warrior Ninjas Help Fire Survivors
- RaboBank waives fees for Camp Fire victims
- Redding Nonprofit Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Shasta County Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire burn victim relearning to walk