Photo Gallery 3 Images
CONCOW, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office Investigation Unit served search warrants on Paiute Drive in connection to illegal marijuana gardens and to the missing-persons case involving Robert Gonzalez.
As a result of the warrants, a total of 381 marijuana plants, 522.83 pounds of processed marijuana, and 39 firearms were seized. Of the weapons, 6 were illegal including two AR-style assault rifles with high capacity magazines, three AK-style assault rifles with high capacity magazines, and one pistol with a threaded barrel which makes it capable of being used with a silencer.
Sixteen individuals were initially detained without incident following the search.
Garretson Murphy, 34, of Oroville, was also arrested and booked into Butte County Jail on charges of maintaining a residence for the storage and sale of a controlled substance, armed with an assault weapon, cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, possession of an illegal assault weapon, and armed in the commission of a felony.
Ruben Verdugo was cited and released at the scene for the cultivation of more than six marijuana plants.
The remaining 14 individuals were questioned and released on the scene without charges.
Additionally, several people on Paiute Drive were interviewed by detectives in relation to the Gonzalez case.
This is a developing story. Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Search Warrants Served in Connection to Illegal Pot Grow Site, Gonzalez Case
- Forest Service Restores Illegal Marijuana Grow Sites
- Search warrant leads to 3 arrests
- Toxic Pesticides Found at Most Illegal California Pot Farms
- 2 men arrested on illegal pot, animal cruelty charges
- Liens placed on Butte County properties with pot grows
- Property Owners get Hefty Fines for Violating Pot Growing Ordinance
- Redding OK's First Indoor Commercial Cannabis Grow Site
- BCSO: Marijuana Grow Site Linked to Drug Trafficking Organization
- 4 Arrested Stemming From Search Warrant in Chico Home