Temperatures are getting a bit warmer through the remainder of the week with a chance for showers and storms returning to the higher terrain this weekend and into early next week.
Dry and warm weather are expected through late week as an upper ridge builds in over Northern California.
Valley highs are in the upper 70s this afternoon but as we move closer to the weekend, they'll start getting closer to the mid to upper 80s by Saturday.
Valley lows through the period will be in the 50s, while mountain and foothill areas will see lows ranging from the 20s to 40s.
A closed low pressure system approaches Southern California Saturday night and there is a chance for some showers and storms Saturday into Saturday night in the Sierra south of I-80.
No major changes to the extended forecast but we can count on a chance for showers over the various mountains of the North State into early next week.
We could also see some thunderstorm development over the higher terrain, primarily over the Cascades and Sierra, and maybe along the coastal range as well.
Temperatures will gradually increase throughout this period as well, bringing us to highs in the 80s next week.
- Nice & warm weekend ahead
- Warm, Dry Weekend Ahead
- Warming into the weekend
- Warming up as we head toward the weekend
- Warming Trend Into This Weekend
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Stayind dry and warm for your weekend!
- Seasonally Warm Today, Cooler Weekend Ahead
- Another Warm Weekend, Possible Rain Next Week
- Staying warm & dry through your weekend