Chico, Calif. -- A weak weather system will bring light showers to the Sierra today.
We're on a warming trend this weekend and into next work-week.
We'll stay a little breezy out of the Northeast today through the weekend with lowering humidity.
Here's what's driving our pleasant forecast: We have an upper level trough of low pressure over the North State moving offshore and southward this evening.
So, we still have a chance for showers over the Sierra Nevada today, mostly south of highway 88, with a chance of light snow at 8000 feet and above.
Surface high pressure moves down from Oregon, creating the windy conditions especially in Shasta County and the Northern Valley.
That, with high pressure also building to our southeast, ups the pressure gradient in Shasta, Plumas Counties and the eastern foothills, and creates gusty winds tonight into Friday morning.
This afternoon we'll see normal or just below normal temperatures, and high pressure continues to build inland tonight into tomorrow.
Highs Saturday expected to be around 6 to 8 degrees above normal with a few degrees cooler Sunday.
More strengthening surface pressure Saturday night and Sunday night in the Northeastern areas of the North State mean increased wind, dry conditions, and higher fire danger.
Next week, high pressure ridge dominates, with daytime highs about 5 degrees above normal.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Breezy through Wednesday, with a warm weekend ahead!
- Breezy & warm through the week, mostly dry weekend ahead
- Staying warm & dry through your weekend
- Staying Warm This Week!
- Staying breezy with some mountain showers today
- Breezy & warm start to your work week
- Breezy, Warm and Dry All Week
- Warm & Breezy Start to Your Work Week