Chico, Calif.-- Near normal temperatures today, warming to above normal Friday into Saturday, followed by a slight cooling Sunday into early next week.
Dry weather is expected with continued smoke impacts from wildfires.
High pressure off the Northwestern California coast will slowly lift into Oregon over the next 24 hours.
The Delta Breeze has remained strong overnight, but marine layer has decreased significantly in depth.
High temperatures today forecast to be similar to yesterday, except slight warming in delta breeze influenced areas as onshore flow trends weaker.
By friday, high temperatures will be 5 to 9 degrees above normal with triple digit heat expanding over the northern Sacramento Valley.
For the remainder of the Central Valley Forecast, expect to see upper 90s Friday and Saturday with mainly 80s to 90s for the mountains and foothills.
An offshore system moves in from the Pacific Northwest Sunday, so we can expect a minor cooling next work week with our highs slightly above normal.
Across the valley and even into Redding, expect moderate air quality today.
- Warming Trend Into This Weekend
- Major warming trend ahead
- Warming trend peaks today
- The warming trend continues!
- Sunny skies & a modest warming trend ahead
- Major warming trend ahead for Northern California
- Winter warming trend awakens hibernating mosquitoes
- The warming trend continues for your Wednesday
- A warming trend & more mountain thunderstorms ahead
- The warming trend continues across Northern California