Warm and hazy weather is on the way for your Tuesday. Temperatures will be similar to yesterday, but will more than likely end up a degree or two cooler for this afternoon. There is also a slight chance for showers and thunderstorm activity this afternoon in the Northeast corner of the state. Lassen and Modoc Counties are the most likely areas for active weather, but we can't rule out Siskiyou or Eastern Shasta County seeing some form of activity. A Red Flag Warning will be in place from 5am until 11pm in Modoc County due to the elevated threat of thunderstorms. Temperatures have dipped into the high 50's to mid 60's in the valley overnight, and into the 40's to 50's in the mountains this morning. Winds are mostly light and out of the East early today, but will shift to become out of the South to around 10mph this afternoon. Humidity will likely stay above 15 percent for your Tuesday. Air quality will continue to be an issue due to the current wildfire activity and health officials are still urging people to limit their time outdoors if air quality is poor in your area. Temperatures are projected to top out in the mid to high 90's in the valley this afternoon, and into the mid 80's to mid 90's in the mountains.
There will be a subtle but welcome cooling trend on the way for the rest of your work week. Most of the valley will end up in the low 90's by Friday and will stay in that range through the weekend. Even more cooling could result in high temperatures in the 80's for the valley next week!
- Warm & hazy with a chance of mountain t-storms today
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Cloudy skies and a chance of mountain showers today
- Warming trend peaks today
- Staying warm, but a chance of showers returns today
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Staying breezy with some mountain showers today
- A warming trend & more mountain thunderstorms ahead
- Lower snow & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Cloudy with a chance for showers today