NATIONAL CITY, Calif - A video that shows a Southern California woman being arrested by U.S. customs officials in front of her three daughters has prompted outrage on social media.
Thirty-six-year-old Perla Morales-Luna was walking down the sidewalk in National City, CA, on Saturday when she was picked-up by U.S. border patrol agents.
Federal authorities say Morales-Luna is in the country illegally and is part of a criminal smuggling organization.
Criminal smuggling organizations are conduits for the movement of narcotics, illicit goods, criminals, and illegal immigration.
In the video, Morales-Luna's three daughters can be heard sobbing and call for "mom" as she was taken into custody.
Morales-Luna remains in border patrol custody awaiting transfer to I.C.E for deportation.
The daughters, meanwhile are staying with a family member.
- Viral video: Woman arrested by ICE in front of children
- Locals react to student’s viral bullying video
- Online trivia game goes viral
- Michigan Wedding Proposal Goes Viral
- Woman arrested after caught on video abusing dog in Redding
- Video of airline passenger using screen with bare feet goes viral
- Dancing deputy in Louisiana goes viral
- Butte County ICE raids
- Paradise ice rink reopens