Chico, Calif. - The women of Butte Creek Canyon near Chico are pulling together to present "An Elegant Evening" on April 27th at the Chico Women's Club, 592 E. 3rd Street.
It's a Vintage Fashion Show from the collection of Bonnie Calhoun, featuring fashion from the '20s to the '50s. Money raised from the event will go to the Centerville Recreation and Historical Association, the Honey Run Covered Bridge Association and the Butte Creek Canyon Volunteer Fire Department.
One of the organizers, Claudia Lang, says more than 40 percent of the homes in the Canyon burned in the Camp Fire so the community needs all the help it can get. The Honeyrun Covered Bridge was destroyed, and supporters are working to raise the money to rebuild a new version of it. There was also smoke damage to the Centerville Schoolhouse and Colman Museum, a gathering place for Canyon residents.
Bonnie Calhoun says she thought for sure her collection of vintage dresses, hats, shoes, and jewelry would be destroyed by the fire, along with her home ... but it wasn't. Now, it will be modeled by women of the canyon and their daughters in Saturday's fashion show.
The doors to the event open at 6 p.m. There will be music, champagne, beer, desserts, and drawings. Tickets are $30. They are available at Bootleg, 126 W. 2nd Street, Chico History Museum at 141 Salem Street, Zucchini & Vine at 204 Main Street. All are in Chico. You can also pick up tickets at the Colman Museum 13548 Centerville Road in Butte Creek Canyon.
To learn more about efforts to rebuild the Honeyrun Covered Bridge visit www.hcoveredbridge.org
- Vintage Fashion Show to benefit Butte Creek Canyon Community
- Butte Creek Canyon Day is Sunday
- Holiday Tea and Fashion Show Benefit at Patrick Ranch
- Power Pole Hanging Over Centerville Rd. in Butte Creek Canyon After Crash
- Paynes Creek community concerned over flooding
- Holy Fire Reignites Near Trabuco Canyon
- Westbound Skyway Closed for Bridge Repair at Butte Creek
- Super Club at Grana benefits Butte Humane Society
- Smoke and Sizzle to Benefit Butte Fire Safe Council
- Vintage Chico fire truck moved to city hall