Vina, Calif.—The hangar has been demolished at the Vina Helitack Station on Highway 99 north of Chico.
The Vina Helitack is where Cal Fire’s Glenn-Tehama Unit normally stations their firefighting helicopter.
The station is expanding to house one of the state’s new firefighting helicopters, a Blackhawk S-70.
The Blackhawk S-70 is worth more than 22 million dollars.
The Blackhawk will not be purchased and stationed in Vina for another five or six years.
Over the summer the Helicopter- 205 will still be in action.
It will soon be stationed at the new temporary helitack base at the Red Bluff Airport.
Action News Now will have the latest as this story develops.
- Vina Helitack set to be Demolished
- TCSO: Cow worth $1,500 shot and killed in Vina
- Retro Redding drive-in demolished
- Chico residents home demolished by tree
- Restaurant Set to Open in Downtown Redding
- Iconic Christian & Johnson set to move locations
- Stillwater Project on SR-44 set for Construction
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Chico Walmart set to get big Upgrade
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget