Photo Gallery 10 Images
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Saturday the 10th annual "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day" was held in Shasta County.
It was an opportunity for veterans and their families and community to gather together and celebrate their lives and the lives of those who died during and after the Vietnam War..
More than a hundred people came out to see the escorted patriot motorcade that traveled from the downtown Redding Veterans Memorial Hall to the Northern California Veterans Cemetery in Igo.
The celebration was produced by the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 357 of Shasta County. Members said the goal is to promote their founding principle, that "Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
Chapter President Eddie McAllister said 46 Shasta County military members were killed in action during the Vietnam War.
The Mistletoe Elementary School choir performed at the celebration. Lunch was provided by the Sons of Italy Lodge #2453. the Shasta Meadows Spirit Squad also helped out.
The Enterprise Lions Club supplied the veterans group with flags outside the building and the huge flag that was used inside during the celebration.
- Vietnam veterans honored in Shasta County
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Vietnam Veteran Murdered in Nevada County
- Shasta County Senior & Veteran Fraud Prevention Fair
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Vietnam Veterans of America put on Camp Fire fundraiser
- Shasta Lake Veteran's Parade Nov. 10
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost