Photo Gallery 1 Images
NEVADA COUNTY, Calif.—Authorities are investigating a murder involving two veterans in Nevada County.
Some of the details in this case could be disturbing.
Authorities say that 70 year old Stan Normal, a Vietnam veteran was tortured and murdered.
His body was then burned beyond recognition.
Nevada County Investigators say this man Sean Bryant is the suspect in the murder.
They say he was a supposed friend of the victim who tried to cover up the horrific crime.
Rob Bringolf from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office said, "I don't think Stan would have seen it coming. I don't think anyone would have seen it coming. The way in which Mr. Norman was said to expire is different. It was a turn of events. It's not something I've never dealt with as an investigator."
Norman and Bryant had been drinking together at McGee’s Bar in Grass Valley the night of the alleged murder.
The two left together.
Norman was never seen alive again.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Vietnam Veteran Murdered in Nevada County
- Vietnam veterans honored in Shasta County
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Vietnam Veterans of America put on Camp Fire fundraiser
- Chico State Students Help with Nevada Co. Murder Investigation
- Sierra Nevada 'Resilience' Out Now
- Nevada recreational pot sales still outpacing projections
- Fugitive California gang member caught in Nevada
- Arizona firefighters injured in Nevada rollover wreck
- Marine presumed dead in Sierra Nevada Mountains