UPDATE 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31 - Officials have determined the cause of the house fire as ashes from a wood stove.
Officials say the neighbor had dumped ashes from a wood stove into the home's yard, catching the boarded-up structure on fire.
Action News Now learned the home was abandoned and boarded up, though it does still have an owner.
Officials say the damage was isolated to the back of the home.
REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters are on scene at a house that caught fire on Victor Avenue in Redding.
Police have roads blocked off at Churn Creek Road and Hartnell Avenue.
It appears firefighters have it under control and are mopping up.
Action News Now has a reporter on scene who is working to learn more.
No word on any injuries or how the fire started.