CHICO, Calif. - A group of retired public safety and veterans gather to walk in lower Bidwell Park daily.
The group is called the Bidwell Park Rehab Walkers.
They walk to help exercise their physical, mental and emotional health.
Today some veterans were walking and shared their experiences in service.
Chicoan Alexandra Kriz served for the War on Drugs.
"I feel a deep connection with people that have gone through war I feel a deep empathy for them I have a lot of friends that served that were in the infantry and that have gone over into Iraq and Afghanistan and so for me I feel more of a need to honor those individuals versus observing it myself and identifying as a veteran," Kriz said.
Kriz applauds the group on raising awareness for PTSD.
Not only is the group able to open up and share their stories of service while exercising, but they also keep an eye out for public safety in the park.
- Veterans walk in Bidwell Park
- Walking in Bidwell Park to end Alzheimer's
- Bidwell Park rehab walkers
- Changes for Bidwell Park Barbecuers
- Bidwell Bark filled the park
- Lower Bidwell Park's fire danger
- Walk Woof Wag Fundraiser Tomorrow at Bidwell Park
- 'Fight against breast cancer' walk at Bidwell Park
- Autism Walk and Children's Carnival are Sunday in Bidwell Park
- Second annual 'Santa Shuffle' at Bidwell Park