Get that umbrella ready and make sure to give yourself extra time to get to where you're going today. Rain is returning in your Tuesday forecast, and will result in widespread wet weather, and slick roads across our region. Rain arrived across the Northwest Coast overnight, and will spread through the region into the early afternoon. Widespread rain is expected and South winds will become gusty. Winds will be up to 15mph out of the South, with gusts up to 25mph. Showers will become more scattered this afternoon and tonight. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the 30's to 40's in the mountains. Winds are starting out light but will pick up out of the South this morning. High temperatures are projected to end up in the mid to high 50's in the valley, and into the mid to high 40's in the mountains.
Scattered showers will continue through the morning on Wednesday, then a more substantial wave of moisture will arrive in the afternoon. Heavy rain and snow will spread through our area on Wednesday night through Thursday morning. A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for areas above 4000' from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday night. Snow levels could dip to as low as 3500', with travel impacts as low as 4000'. Temperatures will be slightly cooler for Thursday, but will stay in the same range as today. Scattered showers are expected to linger from Thursday afternoon through the early portion of the day on Friday. A break from the rain is on the way for Friday afternoon, but another wet system will bring more rain to the region on Saturday. We'll dry out again on Sunday, but more wet weather looks likely next week.
- Winter Storms Will Bring Major Impacts This Week
- Severe winter storm brings major impacts to Northern California today
- Major winter storm brings severe weather to Northern California this week
- Winter Storm Impact on Carr Fire Areas
- Low snow brings major travel impacts to Northern California today
- Winter Storm bringing heavy snow for Sunday
- Severe winter weather will bring big travel impacts this weekend
- Severe weather & major travel impacts this weekend
- Winter storm brings heavy winds to the ridge
- Storms bringing good moisture back to NorCal this week