CALIFORNIA - Verizon is experiencing outages in multiple locations throughout the country. Chico, Willows, and Orland are ranked in the top 10 most reported locations for outages currently.
The Glenn County Sheriff's Office said as a reminder, your cell phone is still capable of calling 911 through the emergency call function, even during an outage likes this.
The outages can be viewed on Verizon's outage map. The most-reported locations: New York City, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Oakland, Sacramento, Chico, Willows, Los Angeles, and Orland.
Verizon said the issue is related to a "Comcast fiber outage."
"A fiber issue is causing a service interruption in parts of Butte and Glenn Counties. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working with the fiber provider, Comcast, to resolve this issue quickly," Heidi Flato with Verizon public relations said.
Action News Now is working to learn more details.
- Verizon outage hits customers across the North State
- PG&E restoring power to North State customers
- North State Dog Breeder Accused of Defrauding Customers
- Spring Allergies Hitting North State Hard
- Gallery: Winter Weather Hits the North State
- PG&E Investigates Power Outage in North Chico
- Firefighters Battling Mendocino Complex Say Verizon Hampered Information Efforts
- Verizon: No Internet Speed Restrictions for First Responders
- North State Halloween Costumes
- North State losing desirability?