SHASTA COUNTY, Calif - A Lakehead man is behind bars after he allegedly got into a verbal fight with his neighbor, threatened to kill him and fire a gun, said the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office.
According to SCSO, deputies were dispatched at 6:13 p.m. Saturday to the 20100 block of Gregory Creek Road, Lakehead, regarding a shots fired call.
Deputies arrived on scene and got in touch with Brandon Castle who said that he got into a verbal argument with 29-year-old John Joseph Greeno, regarding Castle speeding past Greeno’s residence.
Castle also mentioned that during the argument, Greeno threatened to kill him, prompting Castle to return to his residence.
Moments later Greeno returned near Castle’s home and challenged him to a fight, but Castle refused to leave his home for the request.
Ten minutes later, Castle overheard several gunshots being fired outside his home and contacted law enforcement.
Once deputies investigated they found the suspect returning near his home and evidence of a firearm being shot in the area, according to SCSO.
Greeno was interviewed and arrested for:
• Criminal threats
• Negligent discharge of a firearm
The suspect was booked into the Shasta County Jail with a bail set at $25,000.
There were no reports of injuries from the gunshots.
- SCSO: Verbal fight between two men leads to shots fired
- SCSO: Teenage boy Accidentally Shot by Friend; Intended for Bear
- Alleged Lakehead Market Robber Arrested: SCSO
- Two Men Enter Evacuated Area of Ono, 1 with Loaded Gun: SCSO
- SCSO: Ex-husband gets shot by woman’s current boyfriend in Cottonwood
- Man shot by arrow in Redding identified: SCSO searching for suspect
- UPDATE: SCSO female suspect in Anderson shooting found
- SCSO continues to detonate explosives, school closure on Monday
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO