UPDATE: 1:09 p.m.
As of 12:12 p.m. there is no more chain control.
According to Caltrans District 2 Twitter page vehicle screening is currently in place for north bound lanes of I-5 traffic at Fawndale Road 10 miles north of Redding.
Truck traffic continues to be held at Fawndale Road at this time.
Motorists must carry chains to travel north.
- UPDATE: Vehicle screening at Fawndale Road NB I-5
- UPDATE: NOW OPEN I-5 at Fawndale Road
- All lanes reopened on I-5 at Fawndale Road after crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: NB I-5 Currently Closed in Anderson
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- Disabled big rig causes hour-long delays on NB I-5
- Traffic backup causes 2-hour delay on NB I-5 south of Shasta Lake
- Road reopens after vehicle fire on I-5 in Shasta County
- Overturned vehicle causes delays on I-5
- I-5 Road Work in Northern Shasta County