GRIDLEY, Calif. - Firefighters are at a scene in Gridley where a vehicle crashed into a home around 12:17 p.m. Monday.
The vehicle severed a gas line, however, no injuries were reported according to CAL FIRE.
Credit: CAL FIRE Butte Unit
The home was a rental under renovation by the owner. Lieutenant Rodney Harr of Gridley police said the driver was pulling up into the driveway and hit the gas pedal instead of the brake, causing the car went to go through a fence and into the house.
PG&E is in the process of digging into the gas line to shut it off at the services of valves throughout the city. They are discussing shutting off some utilities in the area to possibly 100 residents in the area, Lieutenant Harr said.
The immediate area was evacuated, CAL FIRE, PG&E, Gridley police, and Gridley public works responded to the scene.
- Car crashes into Gridley home, severs gas line
- 2 hospitalized in Gridley car crash
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- Gridley man saved woman from burning car
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home
- CHP responding to crash in Gridley
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- One Dead on Highway 99 near Gridley Cemetery After Multi-Car Crash
- Gridley man arrested after stolen car catches fire