UPDATE 4:32 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 - The Redding Police Department has released more information about a vehicle versus wheelchair collision in Redding on Monday.
According to the department, officers responded to the intersection of Placer Street and Willis Street around 12:16 p.m.
Genaro Maravilla, 54, of Redding, was traveling in an electric wheelchair southbound on Willis Street when he failed to stop at Placer Street and entered the intersection.
Joan Moynihan, 81, of Redding, was traveling westbound on Placer Street in a Honda Accord when she struck Maravilla.
Maravilla was ejected from the wheelchair and suffered major injuries.
He was transported to Mercy Hospital where he remains in critical condition.
Moynihan was wearing her seatbelt and was not injured. Police say that drugs and alcohol were not a factor in the collision.
UPDATE 1:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 - Authorities said that one person was transferred to a nearby hospital, but there is no word on their condition.
Stay tuned for updates.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding police are at the scene of a vehicle versus wheelchair collision on the corner of Placer Street and Willis Street in Redding.
Traffic is being diverted so that motorists can avoid the area.
There is no word yet on whether there are any injuries.
We have a reporter at the scene.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Man in Critical Condition Following Vehicle Versus Wheelchair Collision
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Bicycle Vs. Vehicle Collision Leaves one in Critical Condition
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Cal Fire Responding to Train Versus Big-Rig Collision
- 6-Year-Old in Critical Condition After Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Hit and Run at Orland School
- Police Looking for Answers After Collision Leaves Pedestrian in Critical Condition