CHICO, Calif. - A high-speed car chase ended in a foot pursuit and two arrests in the Chico and Paradise area on Friday evening, according to Chico police.
Around 8 p.m. on Friday, Chico police received a call from the owner of a vehicle that had just recently been reported stolen. The owner saw her vehicle in south Chico, on Forest Avenue. Police officers responded to that area and began to search for the stolen vehicle.
Ultimately, members of the Street Crimes Unit located the stolen vehicle in the area of E. 20th Street and Bruce Road, before the driver of the stolen vehicle fled away from Chico police and sped off to the Skyway and quickly continued onto Honey Run Road towards Paradise.
Later on, the stolen vehicle holding suspects Harley Colvard, 24, and Derek Barnett, 28, both from Chico, came to a complete stop after officers scattered spike strips on the Skyway. Then, the stolen vehicle collided with a light pole located on the Skyway at Honey Run Road, and both suspects fled from the vehicle, resulting in a short foot pursuit and the arrest of both the driver and passenger.
According to Chico police, the driver of the vehicle, Colvard and the passenger, Barnett were both arrested on multiple charges, with additional charges pending.
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Flee Police in High-Speed Car Chase
- Suspects arrested in burglary, high-speed chase in Tehama County
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- Police searching for suspects in high speed chase
- Orland transient released after high-speed chase, stolen vehicle arrest
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase
- Armed suspect arrested after high-speed chase in Redding
- Paradise home invasion suspect arrested after high speed chase
- High-Speed Chase Down I-5 Unsuccessful in Stopping Suspected Batterer
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera