Photo Gallery 19 Images
OROVILLE, Calif. - The 496-acre Swedes Fire on Chinese Wall Road, east of Oroville is 100% contained as of 7:02 p.m. on Sept 13.
Previously the fire was mapped at 400-acres but Cal Fire said with more accurate mapping, they found the acreage to be 496-acres.
Crews will spend the day mopping up, strengthening control lines, and conducting fire suppression repair activities. Damage assessment will continue, and CAL FIRE wants to remind the public to drive carefully in the fire area.
The fire was reported just before 3 p.m. on September 7 with one residence and one outbuilding having been destroyed since with firefighters from all over the North State working on it.
CHP Oroville and Butte County Sheriff's Office said all road closures and evacuation warnings have been lifted. Traffic is being allowed back into the evacuation area.
One couple was able to return home after their home was saved from the flames by crews in the area.
Irene and Terry Sturmey were at the store when the fire broke out and was alerted by their neighbors.
- Swedes Fire: 496 acres, 100% contained
- Stoll Fire, 100% Contained, 268 Acres
- Mountain Fire: 600 acres, 100% contained
- Sliger Fire 100 percent contained
- North Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Junes Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Adams Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Gilbert Fire is 100% contained
- Walker Fire reaches 100% containment
- Ranch Fire reaches 100% containment