REDDING, Calif. - The new Redding VA Outpatient Clinic broke ground on Wednesday morning.
The new 77,000-square-foot facility will be located on Knighton Road across from the Redding Veterans Home.
It will replace the city's current 48,000-square-foot clinic on Hartnell Avenue.
New services will include allergy and immunology, nephrology and rheumatology. California has the most veterans per capita of any of the states in the United States, with Eldorado County being the most.
Design and construction of the clinic is expected to take about two years.
The clinic is expected to open by the Summer of 2021.
- VA Outpatient Clinic breaks ground in Redding
- VA Redding Outpatient Clinic Closed due to Weather Conditions
- 77,000-Square-Foot VA Clinic to be Built in Redding
- Chico Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic to offer expanded services in new building
- New V.A. Clinic To Offer More For Butte Co. Vets
- Paradise family breaks ground on rebuilding project
- Caltrans breaks ground on Interstate 5 project
- Yuba County Airport breaks ground on new taxiway
- Mike Tyson breaks ground on California marijuana ranch
- New Salvation Army of Chico breaks ground on new building