Sardine Canyon, UT-- Sgt. Cade Brenchley was responding to multiple slide offs in the canyon when he was struck from behind by a vehicle driving on the highway on Sunday.
He suffered broken ribs and a broken scapula and was transported to Logan Regional Hospital.
The 13 year UHP veteran is well respected and known in his community where he serves as a local soccer coach.
Sgt. Brenchley has previously been involved in delivering twins on the side of the interstate and helping save a burn victim in a car crash. He spearheads the northern Utah public information and education efforts and works with local high schools. He is a husband and father of four.
This is the 11th trooper hit on Utah roads this year. In 2017, 10 troopers were hit.
Multiple bystanders came to the aide of Sgt. Brenchley after he was struck. The dash cam video shows many people on the scene who stopped to offer aide and called for help on his car radio. Some of the Cache Valley first responders included three of Sgt. Brenchley’s cousins.
- Utah Sergeant Recovering After Being hit by Car
- Charges filed on former Chico Police Sergeant
- Former Chico Police sergeant back in court
- Suspect in Merced sheriff's sergeant shooting captured
- Chico woman recovering after being hit by train
- 'Full Metal Jacket' sergeant R. Lee Ermey dies at 74
- Sheriff Honea holds promotion ceremony for 7 sergeants, 2 lieutenants
- Manhunt for Utah man that shot police
- Mitt Romney announces Utah Senate run
- Utah Firefighter killed while battling Mendocino Complex