Oroville, Ca-- At approximately 8:00 PM, on December 25, 2017, Butte County Sheriff's Office received reports of shots fired in the area of Foothill Mobile Home Park in Oroville.
BCSO Deputies responded to the scene and located an adult male, with multiple gunshot wounds, lying in the street in front of a residence inside Foothill Mobile Home Park. The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Due to the suspicious nature of the incident, BCSO Investigations Unit responded and is actively investigating the incident as a homicide.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation at this time. Based on evidence at the scene, it appears the victim may have known the shooter; however, a suspect has not yet been identified.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call the BCSO Investigation Unit at 538-7671.
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Butte County detectives arrest suspect in connection to 2017 homicide
- Sutter Co. Detectives investigating homicide, victim identified
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office releases name of victim in Oroville homicide
- Butte County Sheriff’s office calls Berry Creek death a homicide
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Victim in Anderson Homicide
- Mosquito Control: West Nile Virus detected, active in Butte County