CHICO, Calif. - A woman was arrested Sunday after scamming two people who were looking to rent homes in the city of Chico, said the Chico Police Department.
According to Chico police, the suspect Teresa Chase posted two homes for rent, and at least three people responded to the post with interest.
Once the arrangements were made, two out of the three people were scammed and lost about $1,000 and $400 respectively, said Chico police.
Officers then initiated an investigation into the matter which led to authorities accompanying one of the victims and arresting Chase for the fraud.
Chase was arrested without incident and booked on several charges including fraud, grand theft and violating her probation conditions.
Records showed that Chase was on felony probation for false impersonation.
- Up to $1,000 Scammed from Potential Renters by Felon: Chico PD
- Scammer Targets Chico Renters
- Chico PD finds felons in possession of firearms after traffic stop
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Some Chico Renters Displaced Due to Housing Crisis
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Chico Resident Helps Officers Detain Wanted Felon in Home Robbery