BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Eighty people got to enjoy a nice Christmas dinner Saturday evening, all thanks to a Paradise Facebook group and a Chico restaurant.
Friends from “Paradise Adopt-a-Family” and “Umwined Kitchen & Bar” hosted this event.
Kids got a free toy and guests could eat a variety of items including a turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
The organizer says a friend named “Jack” had all this food left so they decided to reach out to the owner of “Unwined.”
“I reached out to ‘Unwined.’ Frank the owner of ‘Unwined’ was gracious enough to cook all the food and host all the families. And from that, a bunch of people started jumping and donating skateboards and toys and clothes, so this turned out to be a huge event and it’s been amazing,” said April Kelly, the organizer and a Camp Fire survivor.
The event ends at 7:30 p.m.
- ‘Unwined’ Restaurant Hosts Free Christmas Dinner for Camp Fire Survivors
- Free Christmas Dinners Available
- Camp Fire survivor hosts retreat for women
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- 'Tide' Offers Free Laundry Service for Camp Fire Survivors
- Church Gives Away Free Men's Suits for Camp Fire Survivors
- Butte College gives free laptops to student Camp Fire survivors
- Salvation Army Brings Christmas to Camp Fire Survivors