PLACER COUNTY, Calif. – An unknown substance caused a hazmat situation in the South Placer County Jail, sending multiple people to the hospital.
Staff at the jail reported noticing an inmate in an altered state of consciousness at around 3 p.m. Monday.
Four inmates, eight deputies and a K-9 officer all became ill after going in to investigate. They reported feeling dizzy, sleepy and disoriented.
A hazmat team was brought in to investigate the situation.
- Unknown substance causes hazmat situation in Placer County Jail
- Placer County Sheriff deputy rescues dog
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Bear Sighting at Placer County Sheriff's Office
- Missing woman found dead in Placer County
- Dogs Saved by Placer County Deputies during Camp Fire
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Suspected Paradise Car Thief
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Re-Entry Program Brings Success to Placer County Probation Department