SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. - A federal grand jury has indicted the alleged drink driver and undocumented immigrant who slammed into a home in Sutter County, killing three people.
Ismael Huazo-Jardinez is facing two counts of being in possession of a firearm while in the U.S. illegally.
Police said he crashed into a mobile home in Knights Landing last month, killing three members of one family.
Investigators said a gun found in his vehicle at the time of the crash was stolen in Idaho.
Federal authorities also said he was living in the U.S. illegally and has been deported from the country twice.
Huazo-Jardinez also faces state charges related to the crash.
- Undocumented immigrant, suspected drunk driver indicted on possession charges
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- Undocumented Immigrant Faces Murder Charge in Mollie Tibbitts' Case
- Suspected drunk driver attempts to escape police, crashes into rail
- Stanislaus Deputy Killed in Car Chase with Suspected Drunk Driver
- New York passes bill to allow driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants
- New York bombing suspect indicted
- Drunk driver crashes into the old Rabo bank in Chico
- Trump issues vague threat to begin deporting 'millions' of undocumented immigrants next week
- Authorities arrest prior felon on gun possession, drug charges