Redding, Calif.-- This year's Pancake Breakfast is wrapping up in Redding.
The event got started back in 1953 with the Sheriff's Posse called the Asphalt Cowboys, and today they've grown to about 35 members who are continually volunteering in community events like this one.
Undersheriff Eric Magrini talks about how this event is more than just a fundraiser for the Redding Rodeo Association, it's an opportunity for community bonding.
The Cowboys set up 24 grills along Market Street in Redding around the Sacramento Street intersection and this year about 10,000 peopel came out.
It all starts early - the first pancake was flipped and plated before 5 a.m., giving people a chance to participate before the school or work day.
- Undersheriff Eric Magrini talks Pancake Breakfast
- Fourth of July Pancakes Breakfast & 5K
- Asphalt Cowboys Pancake Breakfast Kicks Off Rodeo Week
- Thousands Turn out for Asphalt Cowboys Pancake Breakfast
- 53rd Annual Pancake Breakfast Held at Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Annual pancake breakfast returns to Honey Run Covered Bridge site
- Chico Peace and Justice Center holds annual Pancakes for Peace breakfast
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Breakfast with Santa in Oroville
- ‘IHOB’ Changes Back to ‘IHOP,’ Offers Pancakes to Customers