(WFLA) What should have been a $36 Uber ride from Ybor City to Brandon ended up costing a Flordia woman $281 and her cell phone.
Jennifer Davis call NBC affiliate WFLA after her Uber driver, who goes by Ashraf, kept her cell phone and used that phone to log onto her Uber account and give himself a $76 tip.
He also inflated the mileage of the trip so the fare jumped from $38 to $204.
If that's not strange enough, get this....
Read More: http://bit.ly/2IxjM0p
- Uber Driver Scams Rider
- Uber and Lyft do not have to fingerprint drivers
- Mexican Uber driver in US illegally charged with 4 rapes
- Passengers Leap From Car as Uber Driver Has Heart Attack
- Uber didn't do enough to warn women about series of rapes by fake Uber drivers in LA, lawsuit alleges
- Uber Eats driver suspected in shooting death of customer turns himself in
- Man Wanted in New York for Assaulting Uber Driver, Damaging Car
- Riders kick start cycling season with 'Chico Stage Race'
- New DMV Laws Aim to Improve Rider Safety
- Chico Professional Hacker's Warning for Uber Users