SAN DIEGO (AP) - A sailor has died after he was struck by a helicopter blade at the Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base, north of San Diego.
The Marine Corps says the sailor was hit by the spinning tail rotor of a Venom helicopter Wednesday evening and died at a hospital shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday.
The helicopter was on the ground at the time.
The sailor was assigned to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing.
The sailor's name and other details of the accident haven't been released.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- US sailor hit by helicopter blade dies
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died
- Man identified as kissing sailor in WWII Times Square photo dies at 95
- Helicopter rescue simulation at Chico State
- Hiker rescued by helicopter in Alpine County
- Child dies after being hit by stolen truck; driver arrested
- Man Dies After Car Hits Median on Skyway
- Skydiver dies after hitting big rig, crashing into highway
- CHP helicopter locates suspect after 100 MPH chase