The fire started Wednesday afternoon just after 1:30 off Pomona Avenue in Chico.
Neighbors we spoke with said they heard several explosions when the fire started. Investigators say that's because the cause of this fire was a butane honey oil lab explosion, which is the process of taking THC off the marijuana.
A man in his thirties was burned and remains in serious condition Thursday night. Investigators say that if he survives his injuries, he will face multiple felonies for manufacturing a controlled substance, and will also be charged for starting a fire in an uninhabited dwelling.
- UPDATE: Butane Honey Oil Lab causes garage fire
- Honey oil lab raid turns up gun manufacturing operation
- Shasta narcotics task force bust an elaborate honey oil operation
- Update: Redding Garage Fire Ignited by Spontaneous Combustion
- Fire destroys a garage in Forbestown
- Greenwich Drive Fire Destroys Garage, 3 Vehicles
- One person sent to hospital after garage fire
- Early Morning Garage Fire gets Knocked Out Quickly
- Parking garage sued over driven-over violin
- Butte County and PG&E Reach Settlement Over Cause of Honey Fire