(CNN) - US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley resigned Tuesday directly to President Donald Trump, according to multiple sources familiar with her decision.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted that "President Trump and Ambassador Nikki Haley will meet in the Oval Office at 10:30 a.m. this morning. This event will be open to the pool."
President Trump and Ambassador Nikki Haley will meet in the Oval Office at 10:30am this morning. This event will be open to the pool.
— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) October 9, 2018
Axios was first to report the news that Haley resigned.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
CNN contributed to this article.
- UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns
- John Gavin, actor who became ambassador to Mexico, has died
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Sessions Resigns as Attorney General
- Senator says Franken expected to resign Thursday
- GOP Rep. Trent Franks announces resignation
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks resigning
- Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn to resign
- Scandal-plagued EPA Administrator Pruitt resigns