CALIFORNIA—Thousands of University of California workers are striking today after they were told to do so by their union.
The Union represents thousands of service workers including, custodians, security guards, and food service workers on UC campuses.
Many professional and technical employees will strike in sympathy.
Medical assistants, nurses, radiology and other technicians at U.C. Davis and U.C.L.A. Medical Center will be striking.
University officials say students and campuses could expect some inconveniences.
Medical Center officials add that they will continue to deliver essential patient care services.
- UC Workers Instructed to Strike from Union
- Superintendent to Public Instruction Candidates
- Oakland city workers plan to strike Tuesday
- U.C. Master Gardeners offer Spring Workshops
- Nurses Reach Tentative 5-Year Contract with UC
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- A mom found videos on YouTube Kids that gave children instructions for suicide
- Former UC Davis conductor accused of sexual assault
- UC regent resigns amid criticism over offensive remark
- 4 sue Berkeley, UC Berkeley over injuries at campus riot