CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department is looking for information about the shooting that occurred outside of a party in the early morning hours Saturday in the 1100 block of N. Cedar Street.
A large party took place on the block on Friday night. Police responded to complaints about the party just before midnight, and shortly thereafter multiple 9-1-1 calls were placed to authorities saying someone had been shot in the same area.
Shortly after midnight officers found a man with a single gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital by ambulance for treatment of a non-life threatening injury.
While the officers were at the hospital another gunshot victim arrived who was brought there by a friend. Police said that person’s injuries also appeared not to be life-threatening.
Police talked to witnesses and said it appears that after the large party ended a physical fight ensued over some personal property belonging to a third victim.
They said the suspects took property from the victim by force and then fled southbound on N. Cedar Street.
Witnesses told police that immediately after the robbery one of the suspects fired multiple shots in the direction of the three victims, striking two of them.
Police said they did not get very much information from witnesses at the crime scene, even though the party was attended by a large number of people.
If you can assist the Chico Police Department with this case you are asked to call (530) 897-4900.
- Two shot after Chico party
- Chico man fires shots at child's birthday party, police say
- Shots fired into Chico suburban home
- Chico police confirm one man shot
- Two Arrested During Search for Chico Party Stabbing Suspects
- Chico siblings to star on NBC's 'Little Big Shots'
- Shots Fired into Chico Mobile Home; No One Injured
- Man Shot and Robbed at Gunpoint on Chico Streets
- 12 people were shot at a Long Beach party, and the gunman is still on the run
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff